HotSouthAfricanJobs.com Copyright Notice.
We respect your privacy and take it seriously. We are HotSouthAfricanJobs.com. The purpose of this policy is to describe how we collect, store, use, and protect your personal information. It also explains your choices regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
This policy applies to you if you:
- Are a visitor to our website;
- Create a user account on our website;
- Add to and manage your profile;
- Contact or communicate with us via our website;
- Submit responses to job specifications, surveys or polls; provide feedback, rate companies, or make available any other content on the website; or
- Opt-in to marketing communication.
Personal information includes:
- Specific information is collected automatically when you visit our website;
- detailed data collected on registration;
- certain information collected on submission; and
- Optional information that you provide to us voluntarily; but excludes:
- Information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- Permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- Information you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum, including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential.
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include you:
- identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- Address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
- Demographic information – such as your gender or marital status.
Sensitive personal information
Depending on the goods or services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal information, including your:
- financial information – such as your bank account details;
- sensitive demographic information – such as your race or ethnicity;
- medical information – such as information about your physical or mental health;
- sexual information – such as information about your sex life or sexual orientation;
- criminal information – such as information about your commission or alleged commission of any offence or about any related legal proceedings;
- employment information – including your membership in a trade union; and
- Beliefs – including your political or religious beliefs.
Acceptance and Changes
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you register for any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy or changes made to it, you may not register for and use any of the services. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email detailing the changes we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you, and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have the legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page and notifying you of any changes.
We may share your personal information with the following:
- Other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong provide joint content and services like registration for transactions and customer support to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
- Our services providers under contract help provide certain services or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services (our contracts dictate that these services providers only use your information in connection with the services they supply or services they perform for us and not for their benefit);
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (if you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria);
- recruiting agencies; and
- Other third parties provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- To prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees who require it to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, and other personnel.
Change of ownership
Suppose we change ownership or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity. In that case, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
We will keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. We request that you update your personal information on the website. You can review or update any personal information we hold on you by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that to protect you better and safeguard your data, we verify your identity before granting access to your account or correcting your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy unless:
- Retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- You have consented to the retention of the document.
During the retention period, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Transfer to another country.
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers outside the country in which it was contained in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may be more relaxed than those in the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose regulations regarding processing personal information may be less stringent.
Updating or removing
You can correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us by clicking the relevant menu on any of the pages on our website or contacting us by phone or email.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations regarding the privacy policies or practices of linked or third-party websites.
Read also: Disclaimer Notice.