The BASA Presidential Employment Stimulus Program (PESP) 2024 is now accepting applications from South African SMEs in the cultural and creative industries. Below are essential program details:
The deadline to apply for the BASA Presidential Employment Stimulus Program (PESP) 2024 is September 22, 2023.
About BASA Presidential Employment Stimulus Program (PESP) 2024
If you are a registered small or micro business in the cultural and creative industries, Business and Arts South Africa NPC (BASA) invites you to apply for grant funding through the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP4).
This initiative, created by the Presidency and the Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture (DSAC), aims to provide support and opportunities in the creative and cultural sectors while emphasising shared value.
Eligibility Criteria: BASA Presidential Employment Stimulus Program (PESP) 2024
The funding is intended for businesses operating in the cultural and creative sectors such as visual and performance arts, music, dance, literature, fashion, media, cultural development, heritage preservation, etc. The projects can be permanent and ongoing, providing sustainable employment opportunities or special projects offering employment opportunities.
To qualify, the projects must be completed by small and micro enterprises (SMEs) registered in South Africa and have no more than 200 full-time employees with an annual turnover of R10 million or less. Women, youth, and people with disabilities will be prioritised. Prioritised initiatives that promote human capital development, such as education, training, technology, innovation, skills development, and wellness, will also be considered.
Who Can Apply:
- Projects delivered by CIPC-registered South African small and micro enterprises (SMEs) or NPOs/NGOs registered with the DSD within the Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs).
- Projects submitted by women, youth, and people living with disabilities will receive priority consideration.
- Projects with well-thought-out plans, clear goals, specific and quantifiable metrics, and measurable impact will be considered.
- Projects must create jobs and focus on target groups (women, youth, and people living with disabilities).
- Initiatives/projects promoting human capital development will also be strongly considered.
- Previous PESP Grant Funding recipients.
- Applications not from SMEs active in the CCIs.
- BASA PESP does not fund applications for film production (applicants for film productions should apply to the National Film and Video Foundation).
- BASA does not fund theatre productions, festivals, events, workshops, or masterclasses through PESP4. Applicants are encouraged to apply to the National Arts Council for funding.
- Please note that failure to comply with requirements will disqualify your application.
An independent review panel of three business leaders and three leading arts practitioners with extensive knowledge of the creative sector will consider all applications.
Number of Awards:
The number of awards is not specified.
The grants range from R 500,000 to R 3,000,000.
How to Apply for BASA Presidential Employment Stimulus Program (PESP) 2024:
Applicants for a PESP4 grant must submit a formal Expression of Interest letter by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 22, 2023. Qualified applicants will then be invited to complete an online application.
For more details and to apply, visit the Award Webpage.